BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 9, 2011

A group of friends and I just watched Million Dollar Baby. It was horribly sad, but the part that stuck with me wasn't all that significant. The girl, Maggie, has a horrible mother. At one point, Maggie buys her mother a house so that she doesn't have to live in a rundown trailer. And her mom yells something like, "Why did you buy me a house? Now they're going to take my welfare away. Why didn't you just give me the money? Sometimes you just don't think things through." All of us girls immediately scoffed and stated how ungrateful the mother was being.


But honestly, how often are we the "ungrateful mother" to God? He gives us something awesome, but it's not what we want, so we're upset. We take an amazing blessing and call it a curse because it doesn't fit our ideas of a good gift. We're ungrateful, and we pout. We say, "God, this isn't right. You didn't think this through. Why are you growing me right now? Why can't you just give me what I want when I want it?"

It was a parallel that came quickly and was overwhelming, but beautiful.

0 comments: